Friday, April 30, 2010

Baby names

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester. Less than 3 months to go! I think we have decided on a name for our little girl. Emily Meg Lively. Emily because we both really like that name and there were very few that we actually agreed on and this was #1 for both of us. Plus, we just felt right about it. Also, we had the sweetest little Emily in our primary class and we thought their family was a good example of a good family and she was a good example of a good little girl. Meg is after my mom who is a good example of a caring, thoughtful, righteous woman.

I like to have a family name for the middle name because I think it's cool to have that connection to the person you are named after and also because they are good examples to look up to. Both Matt and I were named after our grandpas for our middle names.

Emily means to strive or excel and Meg means pearl. That means our little girl will be a sweet, beautiful, hard-working, intelligent, ambitious little gem right?

But who knows? She could come out and not be an Emily at all. I can't wait to meet her. :)

1 comment:

The Graham Family! said...

Cute name! Emily has been one of my favorites too.. hence the reason it's Ashlyn's middle name! That will be fun to have a little cousin with a same name as her! Ashlyn will be excited when I tell her! :-)