Monday, April 5, 2010

Growing

Here I am at 24 weeks. I always thought that when I was pregnant, I would have this cute round belly like all the other pregnant ladies I see. But not me...I'm just getting fat everywhere and you really can't tell I'm pregnant. I just look like I've gained 20 pounds. Boo! No cute round belly for me. It's very sad. I'm tired of being fat. I just want to be a cute pregnant lady.

Over the past few weeks we have been able to see the baby move. That has been pretty exciting! Seriously, sometimes my tummy looks like it has a little jumping bean inside. The first time Matt saw it, he said, "Honey, that's weird. It reminds me of that movie Alien. I hope a little alien doesn't pop out of there." It's been fun to feel her and see her move.

3 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

You aren't the only woman that has looked just fat when pregnant. I've known several women that were farther along than you and I had no clue they were pregnant. The belly will come or it won't. Either way you are still cute, as is that little girl that's growing inside of you.

natalie said...

The belly will come. It always takes a really long time with the first baby. I didn't really start filling out maternity clothes until six months with Sam. I know it's frustrating, but hang in there!

Yes, it's normal to have the blues because of hormones. It's also normal to be terrified. But, luckily the only thing you have to master right away is feeding, sleeping, and changing diapers! Your skills grow right along with that precious baby.

Good luck with everything!

Heather said...

It's not fat....it's pregnant, and don't worry I never got to have the "cute, round" belly either...ya kinda feel jipped, I know! Lookin' good though!