Monday, April 19, 2010

Bike Marathon

Matt, my dad, Nathan, Caron, and I all participated in the SLC Marathon Bike Tour this past weekend. It's in conjunction with the marathon, and they open up the course to bikers before the marathon starts, so you get to ride through the Salt Lake valley for 26 miles without having to stop for red lights! It's great! Of course I didn't get any pictures, but it was so fun! I was hesitant to sign up because I wasn't sure how I'd do for that long on my bike and also because I get sort of nervous riding my bike around a lot of people who are weaving in and out around me.

But I decided to go for it and I'm glad I did. This is the 3rd year I've done it, and by far the most enjoyable. I was a lot more confident on my bike this year, so I think that helped out a lot. And I got my best time out of the last 3 years as well! I even beat my dad, which is a first. I've never beaten him in a race before, although last year at the Echo triathlon I came really, really close. He did have major surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago so he was in recovery mode and wasn't up to his usual best. It's too bad his $100 offer for beating him in a triathlon didn't stand for this race! :)

I felt really good until about Mile 21, where my bike shorts started to really bug me. They were just hitting my tummy in an awkward spot. And I think by then, the baby was tired of being squished by me all bent over on my bike and she started to let me know it! But it was great and I'm glad I was able to do it.

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Good for you! I'm glad you did it!