Monday, June 6, 2011

No-Treat May

My no treat thing went pretty well. I went from May 1-June 4 without having any treats--no cookies, candy, ice cream, soda, brownies, cake, etc. That's 35 days! I did have a mint julep for the Kentucky Derby party, but I allowed myself that exception from the beginning. And that is really just minty lemonade with ginger ale.

Anyway,  it was easier than I thought it would be. There were really only a few times that I REALLY wanted a treat. Like when my aunt Tracey made cinnamon twists or when Allison gave Matt a huge batch of freshly made chocolate chip cookies. But other than that it really wasn't too bad. Most of the time I discovered that I really didn't want it anyway. Especially as the month wore on. And it felt good to be a little more healthy. I am going to try and keep it up with the exception of birthdays and holidays and stuff like that. I really don't need treats as much as I was having them. And I lost 7 pounds. What I don't get though is that even though I am pretty much back to my pre-pregnancy weight, some of my pants/shorts still don't fit. Boo.

On another note, Emily has learned to open drawers and take everything out of them. Yipee!

No comments: