Wednesday, June 29, 2011

31

My birthday this year was kind of weird since it fell on a Sunday, which was also Father's Day and the day we left for our vacation. But I got a small celebration in Saturday night with a couple of friends. We went to Red Robin for dinner and then made some "floating lanterns".

Ever since I saw Tangled I really wanted to have floating lanterns for my birthday, so the best I could come up with was painting balloons with glow-in-the-dark paint. They turned out pretty good.




You couldn't really see the paint too well because it was too light in our yard, but it was still fun to release them. If I ever do it again, I will drive up the canyon to release them where it's completely dark.

I had some birthday brownies and I got a bike trailer from Matt, Emily and my parents. I'm excited to use it!

After church, we drove down to St. George and had a birthday/Father's Day dinner at my aunt and uncle's house, since we stayed the night there on our way to California. I don't know why, but 31 feels way older than 30. Oh well. Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: