Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Psuedo vacation #2

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to attend a faculty training conference at BYU-Idaho in Rexburg. Even though I've been teaching for 3 years now, this was the first year I could realistically go because before, I've either been very pregnant or nursing.

So this year, I really wanted to go. I was stressing out about finding someone to watch the kids. I had someone for one of the days, but I still hadn't found someone for the other day. So, I don't know how, but somehow I convinced Matt to just come with me and we'd bring the kids. BYU-I was paying for my transportation and hotel, so it wasn't going to cost us anything extra.

So we all came, and Matt watched the kids during the day while I was at my meetings. What a great honey! He took them to Bear World, swimming, to a park, out to lunches, and I don't know what else.

Here they are at Bear World on the kiddie rides!



Bear World was actually pretty cool. I went back later after my meetings with them. There were bears roaming around everywhere!






Anyway, I am so grateful to have been able to go to the conference. It was awesome! I got to meet a lot of my coworkers that I've only talked to online and get some good training to become a better teacher. And it was fun to see the BYU-I campus and hear from some of its leaders. It was so inspiring! I'm grateful to have this job that I can do from home and still be involved in higher education.

You know you're with Dad when he buys his little girl a big pink bear at Bear World. I asked why and he said, "Because she asked so cute and said please. And kept saying I love this pink bear...."


I'm grateful to Matt for being Mr. Mom for a couple of days so I could do this.

No comments: