Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Emily turns TWO!

Since I couldn't sleep last night, I was reminded of the night 2 years ago when I also couldn't sleep. Matt and I had been out for an early anniversary celebration, and I thought something weird was going on. I put it off, tried to go to bed, but couldn't sleep. I wasn't due for another week, and my doctor was pretty sure I was going to go over my due date, so I didn't think I was going into labor.

After trying to (unsuccessfully) sleep, trying to read a book, and looking up on Google what contractions and labor felt like, I finally woke Matt up around 1 a.m. and told him I thought we might need to go to the hospital. He kind of freaked out and started rushing around the closet packing some things and sped me off to the hospital. 7 1/2 hours later, Emily was born and our lives were changed forever.

I am so grateful to have this little girl in our lives. Although I complain a lot about my struggles with motherhood (I really thought that by 2 years into it, I'd have it figured out, but not so), I am grateful to be Emily's mom. That little smile melts my heart.



At 2 years old, Emily...


-loves pancakes, waffles, cereal, all types of fruit, yogurt, popsicles, french fries, chicken nuggets, pizza, hash browns, teddy grahams, and oatmeal.
-is starting to tolerate baths (finally!)
-loves to go to the library and loves books.
-likes to sing Primary songs
-hates to go to bed
-can fold her arms for the prayer
-has learned she can go get a stool to climb up and reach the lights to turn them off
-has recently started liking to change her baby doll's diaper and clothes
-doesn't like TV
-likes to go outside
-loves to blow bubbles
-is obsessed with taking the wrappers off the crayons
-likes to go to the zoo, the farm, and the aquarium (and will tell you everything we saw at each place.)
-thinks that anything we did in the past was yesterday
-loves to go to the temple and see the flowers
-is quite the chatterbox, but is very shy around people she doesn't know very well
-speaks in sentences (some of them like 7-8 words long)
-can be bossy
-loves her daddy and runs to the door whenever she hears the garage
-likes to go for bike rides in her "yellow stroller" (the bike trailer)

Happy Birthday Emmy! We sure do love you!

No comments: