Thursday, October 9, 2008

True Blue Football

It's Homecoming Week at BYU, and that means CRAZINESS!!! My students are putting on 11 events just this week. But of all the crazy events my students put on, True Blue Football is probably one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard of. First, you cover the field in blue foam...

...then you set up a giant slip-n-slide and cover that with foam too.

Then you watch all the crazy students slide down it. Over the course of the activity a huge blue foam pit forms at the bottom of the slide. This time it got up to about 2.5 feet deep.

Then you play flag football, volleyball, and tug-o-war in the blue foam.

Then you wrestle each other in the big foam pits all over the field.

It was pure craziness! But so fun! I cannot believe that little kid who is just sitting there in the middle of the foam. His parents must be nuts letting him in there with all the wild freshmen.

We did have two injuries. One sprained elbow and one broken arm. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to go down the slide because I was attending to the injured. Oh well, it was still fun to watch. These pictures are from the beginning of the event, so you can't even see how much crazier and foamier it got later. With how crazy it was, I think going away with only two injured people was fantastic.

Let the Homecoming festivities continue!

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I'll bet there were more. Probably tons of sprained and twisted ankles. Too bad about the reported injuries. I always thought that the foam would be fun, but I was always working like crazy during Homecoming weekend. Tons of banquets, plus the game of course. I guess I should celebrate this weekend, because it was four years ago that I finally quit working at Catering, which means it's been nine years since I started working there. Yikes. It doesn't seem like that long ago.