Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

Once again, General Conference was fantastic! I still find it amazing every time that we actually get to listen to living prophets and apostles. I know that the Lord is aware of our needs and struggles and often gives us answers through the words of his living prophets.

Each Conference I make a list of questions I have or things that I am struggling with and pray for guidance and answers. And I always find the answers in the talks. This weekend did not disappoint.

My very favorite part of Conference this weekend was the announcement of the 5 new temples. Not only is one of them in Rome, Italy...which is a HUGE deal, but Argentina is getting another temple!!!!! In Cordoba, which is about 5 hours from where I served my mission in Mendoza. I am just so excited that those fantastic members are going to have a much closer temple. Right now they either have to travel all the way to Buenos Aires (about 16 hours). Or to Chile (about 9 hours, but only in the summer because in the winter you can't even go because they close the mountain pass).

I got a text from my very favorite family in Mendoza on Sunday morning telling me how excited they are about the new temple announcement there in Argentina, and how emotional everyone is because they feel so blessed. I am so excited for them. It also reminded me that I have a temple 5 minutes away. I need to go more often.

And now I need to save my money so I can go to Argentina for the temple dedication. That would be so awesome!

As far as the talks go, I loved Elder Wirthlin's, Elder Perry's, and President Monson's. I loved their counsel on how to deal with the stresses and anxieties of life. I just feel so refreshed and renewed. Three cheers for General Conference!

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I used to love conference. Now I have children. I didn't get much out of it. But I can't wait until the Ensign comes out and I can read all I missed. We only went Sunday morning, and tried to bring lots to keep Abigail occupied. Didn't work. I caught a little, but didn't really get much. But I loved the RS Broadcast. That was super.