Monday, October 13, 2008

The Enchanted Ball

So this weekend was BYU's Homecoming, and my students were in charge of the dances. I was in charge of going to the Enchanted Ball at Thanksgiving Point. They had this whole Cinderella-type theme, and they did a great job!

They built this elaborate display of a castle staircase and carriage and they had tiaras to give to all the ladies. It was so fun watching the look on the girls' faces when they saw that they got a tiara. They barely got the display finished before people started arriving.

Matt was my prince and came to the Ball with me. We even went out to a fancy dinner before the dance. It was a lot of fun. But I was ready to go about 2 hours before it ended.

Matt did the best thing he ever could have done by surprizing me with a lovely corsage to wear to the dance! It was so sweet. We had a really great turnout, and my students really did an excellent job with this dance and all the other Homecoming festivites!

Also this weekend I went to the Hale Center Theater costume sale and found a fantastic costume for only $15! I am so excited. My murder mystery this year is going to be a medieval theme and this dress is so perfect for my role as Medeival Queen. I also found some fun decorations for the party. I love Halloween!

3 comments:

Kristen Brady said...

How fun! Matt is a prince!

caron said...

Nice dress :)
I'm just curious, how comfortable was it?

garrett said...

Ok, where did you get your costume for the murder mystery?? I definitely need some help finding one... for me and for Hayley!