Wednesday, October 15, 2008

He's coming home!

Here we are two years ago at the MTC. My little brother comes home from his mission tommorrow!!! I am so excited. He is so much fun and I have really missed him. I missed him calling me at 12:30 a.m. for help with his Spanish homework. I missed him riding his bike to my apartment. I missed seeing what he would dress up like for Halloween. Like this year he dressed up as a haystack...it was great!

I miss hearing about his crazy adventures like when he climbed Lone Peak in lederhosen and got on the news for waving around a giant flashlight. I miss doing crazy things with him like when we went swimming in the freezing rain in Uruguay and got spied on by the homeless man.

I miss seeing him getting into different cultural experiences like when he wanted to wash his clothes by hand at Adriana's house in Argentina. Or seeing him carry around his mate everywhere and wanting everyone he meets to taste it.

I have just missed him. He is one of the most easy-going, nice people I know. He has been a wonderful missionary and I know he has touched lots of lives there in Louisiana. But I'm happy he is coming home tomorrow.

A lot has changed in the past two years. Some of us look quite different than we did two years ago, and there have been some additions to the family.
He'll be coming home to three new siblings-in-law. And not to mention he is coming home just to go straight to Scott's wedding a few hours after he gets off the plane. (Don't ask.) Kyle has gotten about a foot taller. I have lost 30 pounds. Scott has gained 30 pounds. The dog has gained 30 pounds. Dad has gotten obsessed with triathlons. Allison is a senior in high school. Kyle is a sophomore.

Anyway, I'm just excited to have him back. And I'm glad I have this to look forward to in this week of crazy stressfulness and drama. Welcome home Nathan!

4 comments:

caron said...

Hooray! I'm excited for you that you are getting your brother back!

Joella said...

Wow! How exciting that he is coming home! Congrats!

Kristen Brady said...

It's so exciting! Hang in there today with everything!

The Bentley's said...

how exciting! good luck. it's so fun to see how much they change!