Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Resolutions

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2013

1. Get in shape. This means being accountable for my eating/exercising and documenting everything. I would also like to get back into triathlon and half-marathon shape. I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy with Zach, and I resolve to lose it this year!


2. Organize and stay on top of things. I made an organization chart to help me keep up with the daily/weekly/monthly and deep cleaning tasks and other things I want to accomplish each day/week (like scripture reading/temple/drinking water/etc). I especially want to clean and organize our desk, computer/laptop files, basement storage rooms, and linen closets this year.


3. Get our food storage and 72-Hour Kits together. Have at least a one-month supply by the end of the year and full 72-hour kits for the whole family.


4. Prepare. I want to take time to better prepare for church, FHE, work, date night, family activities, daily activities with the kids, etc. so that they will be more meaningful instead of just a rush at the last minute. Not sure how I'm going to do this, but I've got a year to figure it out.



5. Sleep train Zach and potty train Emmy. Sleep training is the first priority, and January will be devoted to that. Once we have Zach sleeping through the night and on a solid schedule, we'll start potty training with Emily. This means that I probably won't be leaving the house much in the next few months.


6. Spend quality time each day with Emmy and Zach. I obviously spend a lot of time with them, but I want to do an activity with each of them every day where they have my undivided attention. Maybe it will only be reading a few stories or (in Zach's case) holding him for 10 minutes, and hopefully more often it will be a more elaborate activity, but I want them to each have some individual, quality time with their Mommy every day. And I want to create memories for myself of doing these things with them. I also resolve to take more pictures or write things down so I can remember these memories I'm creating.


7. Be on time to church. I don't know why this is so hard! But there are no excuses this year since we have 1:00 church.


8. Smile more. A few months ago, someone at church called me "Grumpy". And one of my students last semester said I was "cold". I don't want to be associated with words like that. I really am happy, but I guess I need to do a better job at showing it.

No comments: