Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Resolution Review

2012 was kind of a rough year for me as far as my resolutions go. I didn't expect to spend most of the year being sick with a rough pregnancy and a very rough recovery. So, needless to say, some of my resolutions went out the window. But here's a review of them anyway...at least I accomplished some of them!

1. Figure out a cooking/meal planning system that works for me. I went through about 3 or 4 trial and error ideas before I found a system that works for me. I've been using it fairly regularly for the past 4 months or so and I think it's working pretty well.

2. Get some things organized. Namely...my blog books made and printed for 2010 and 2011, our files and pics organized on the computer, my iTunes organized, our paper files labeled and put away, clean my stuff out of my parents' basement, get rid of old clothes, and finish my mormon.org profile. (I did all but 2 of these! Plus, I organized most of our new house when I unpacked everything.)

3. Figure out how to be fun again. I didn't really do this, but I have tried to make friends in our new ward.

4. Figure out some routine activities to do with Emily so we're both not so bored. Emily and I had lots of fun this year. We got a membership to the zoo and the aquarium, and visited both of those places frequently. We also went to storytime at the library almost weekly and we got Em a little pool this summer and she loved swimming in it.

5. Eat more fruits and vegetables. We started doing Bountiful Baskets this year, which really helped in this resolution. We also grew a garden this summer.

6. Memorize at least 12 scriptures. I only did 4. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be.


FAMILY GOALS

1. Buy a house. Done! And it's so nice!
2. Figure out a temple attendance schedule that works for us and stick with it. Still working on this one.
3. Read scriptures daily. Mostly
4. Exercise at least 3-4 times per week. Not really. Here's my exercise stats for the year.
Run/Walk: 126 Miles
Bike: 123.4 Miles
Swim: 3.25 Hours
Other: 34 Hours

2013 Resolutions coming soon! (Christmas posts are below)

No comments: