Tuesday, January 22, 2013

3 Months

Mr. Zach turned 3 months last week! He is finally starting to be happier and less fussy. Hallelujah!
Maybe I won't go crazy after all! (Knock on wood.)


At 3 months, Zach...

-has a big, goofy smile
-laughs after he spits up or when you stand him up by his arms
-is a tank (seriously, he is SO heavy and such a chunk!)
-can break out of his swaddle
-spits up a ton
-loves to look at himself in the mirror
-has discovered his hands and likes to examine them
-doesn't like baths
-has big smiles in the morning when he wakes up
-says, "ooooooh" and "gooooo"
-has crazy hair
-likes to reach and bat at his hanging toys

We started sleep training with Zach about 3 weeks ago. It's not going as well as it did with Emily. :( I miss my sleep! But we are making progress, and he is a lot happier than he was a few weeks ago, thank goodness. He still usually gets up twice in the night (as in 7 p.m. to 7 a.m....that's what I consider "night"), but will eat and go right back to sleep. Sometimes we're lucky and he'll only get up once. At least he goes to bed around 6-7 p.m. and I have my evenings back! This week I am going to cut the nighttime feedings to one though, and then to none! (The next step of my sleep training plan.) He is also doing better at taking his naps during the day.

He's been reaching for this thing for a few weeks, and he finally grabbed it! Now he won't let go!
Anyway, I'm so glad he is happier and it melts my heart when he laughs. I love that!

No comments: