Monday, August 20, 2012

The 30's

I've finally hit the 30+ week mark! We're in the final stretch. If anyone still reads this, you may have noticed I haven't posted much about this pregnancy. I feel like last time, I posted updates and preggo pics and stuff all the time. But this time has been so miserable and I didn't want to complain so I have just tried to refrain from saying anything here.

But every pregnant lady is allowed to complain at least once, right? This pregnancy has been so different from the last one. I have been so sick and tired and hot. I am blowing up like a hot air balloon, and I look disgusting. I don't get to be the cute, round, preggo-bellied pregnant lady like most people. My mom and sister were the same. We just carry our babies differently than most and I am just getting fat and swollen all over and look really gross. (Hence, no preggo pics.) And I feel really gross. My hair is really dry and ugly, my skin is looking awful, and my hands and feet are constantly going numb. I feel like I can't do anything. When I try to be productive and clean or exercise or something, my belly really hurts. And I just get really lonely staying home by myself all day with no friends around here. I was really hoping our new neighborhood would have a playgroup or something for me to be able to meet other moms around here, but no such luck. I am thinking I may try to start one once people's older kids go back to school.

Anyway, enough complaining. I did want to post some positive stuff....our baby boy's latest pics! I fell off my bike a couple of weeks ago and the doc wanted to do another ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok with the little boy. He is doing just fine, and I made the tech check again to make sure he was still a boy. (He is still definitely a boy.)



Even though this has been a really hard pregnancy for me, I have finally started to get excited about having a boy. I know I have always said that being pregnant is a whole lot easier than having a newborn, but I am getting anxious to just get him here, so we can start adjusting to our new life as a family of 4. I am really just ready to move on...I just feel like I'm in limbo right now and I want to start progressing and healing and finding myself again.

I am extremely nervous about what this addition will bring though. I'm afraid I won't be able to handle 2 kids, and I'm afraid about how Emily will react to her baby brother. And I'm definitely not looking forward to not sleeping and nursing for 10 hours a day. But I am looking forward to meeting this little boy and getting rid of these crazy hormones and hopefully start feeling more normal again. I know it's gonna take awhile to adjust but I am ready to start on that path.

We haven't decided on a name yet, but Matt has insisted his middle name be Charles. (That is Matt's middle name, and his dad's middle name.) I like Brandon, Jackson, and Blake. Matt likes Ethan and Brenner (or Brennan). We both like Zachary, so that just might be it unless something else comes up in the next 8 weeks.

I feel like there's so much to do and that we are running out of time. I have absolutely nothing besides a carseat for a boy, so I pretty much have to start from scratch. I'm finally getting excited about fixing his room up. Right now I am liking either a sailboat/nautical theme or a surfer theme. Something like this...
or this....
Of course Matt wants something like this... (He says sailboats and surfers are not manly or tough enough for his boy.)


So we'll have to pick something out soon so we can get it ready. Especially because I'm going to have to make a lot of it since these things are ridiculously expensive. I still don't know what to do about the crib. I'm not ready to move Emily out of hers and I don't want to buy another one. He might just have to sleep in the pack-n-play for awhile until I am ready to move Em into a bed.

Anyway, here's to hoping the next 8 weeks go by fast and that he gets here healthy and I don't go any crazier than I already am.

1 comment:

The Lively's said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well! I vote the surfer room, that is cute! Football is overdone and sailboat I agree with Matt on that! Surfer I haven't seen in a boy room so that would be different and cute! You will do fine with 2 kids. You have a very helpful, thoughtful husband and your not doing it alone. I am worried if I have to take care of 3 kids until 8 or later at night this coming year & if that happens I don't know if I will ever get out of my house! LOL! You will do just fine!