Friday, August 17, 2012

Kyle's Mission Call

My youngest brother Kyle got his mission call this week. He invited us all over to watch him open it. I was so excited....I have never been able to watch anyone open their call before. (I was gone for when my other brothers got theirs.)

He covered it up and read it line by line. (Very slowly, I might add.) We were all dying in anticipation.

And he's going to....Moscow, Russia!!!!! He leaves on Jan. 2.

This is my favorite picture. It's everyone else huddling together to look at the mission map and booklet.

And then he had to call all the grandparents. I don't know about anyone else, but I was not surprised at all about Russia. I've always pictured him serving in Eastern Europe. And one of those big Russian hats would suit him well.

It was a lot of fun. Opening a mission call is a moment you'll never forget. I can still remember opening mine almost 10 years ago now. I was living in Atlanta at the time, and my roommate hid it from me until my other roommate came home from work. I definitely did not read it line by line, but first I saw the language, then the location, and then the MTC date, and that was about it.

Anyway, congrats to Kyle, he will be a great missionary. And Emmy will sure miss her favorite uncle, but I'm sure she will have fun coloring pictures to send to him.

No comments: