Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The real Snowmagedden

Remember back in November when "the big storm" was coming and then it never did? Well yesterday it came about a month late! It snowed for over 24 hours straight, and we got about 18 inches of snow at our house. It took Matt about 2 hours to dig out our driveway. The snowplow came through our neighborhood and pushed about 3 feet of snow right in front of our driveway and locked in a bunch of cars that were parked on the street. It was quite the ordeal.

As I was growing up, my mom started a tradition of giving us a new ornament every year that represented something that had happened during that year. I love it, and I love that my Christmas tree is a hodgepodge of memories. So I decided to do the same thing with Emily. This year, she gets a lovely silver star with her name and birthdate engraved on it. The inside star spins, and her birthdate is on the back. I love how it turned out.

No comments: