Saturday, October 10, 2009

Worthy of celebration

To celebrate Matt getting accepted into the grad program, I took him out to dinner at Magelbys. The prime rib was calling his name. And of course the chocolate cake wanted to celebrate with us too. :) If you have never had the chocolate cake at Magelbys you need to go there right now and get some. It is amazing.

After our celebratory dinner we drove the Alpine Loop to look at the Fall leaves. It was very beautiful. I think we were about a week late though for prime viewing season.

But it was so nice and peaceful.

This is going to be our new house in Springville. It's townhouse-style, so there's another one connected to the right and another on the other side. We are the last house before you hit the mountains so right behind us is nothing...just a mountain. Lovely.

And this is the view from our front porch. We have a lovely view of the lake and Utah Valley. Isn't it great? I will have to post more pics of the inside of the house once we move in. I took some of the inside, but it would be weird to post pics of someone else's furniture and decorations.

Anyway, I am VERY excited to be closer to work. Even though I'll still have to go to SLC once a week for school until May, it will save me so much time. And I need it too! Especially since I only have until Feb. 24 to write my masters thesis. You know, in all my spare time. Yikes! So, the next 4 1/2 months I might be a little MIA.

3 comments:

The Woodland's said...

Congrats on getting into the master's program, Matt! That's so great! And Congrats on finding a house! Very cool! Let us know if we can help you move.

Melissa D said...

Hooray!!! I am glad you found a great place to live! You will like living here!

Kristen Brady said...

Yeah for everything! Love the new place also!