Friday, October 16, 2009

It's been one of those weeks

It's been one of those weeks where...

a) I have had about ZERO motivation to exercise. I've only actually worked out twice this week and they were both kinda pathetic workouts.
b) I have been so exhausted. Seriously I am tired all the time.
c) I feel like I suck at my job.
d) I have not wanted to cook all week so we have been eating hot dogs and frozen pizzas. Terrible, I know.
e) I am extremely bored with my hair, makeup, and wardrobe. Why do I feel so ugly with what I've got?
f) I'm sad that we are not on our vacation in Costa Rica this week like we had planned.
g) I feel like I'm losing my friends and not being able to make new ones.
h) My house is full of empty boxes that need to be packed.
i) I feel like I am trying to serve people but they are not letting me serve them.
j) Even though I KNOW it's a blessing for us to be in grad school right now and I am VERY grateful for our opportunities, I feel like we've kinda regressed in a way. We were both doing well in our careers, we were about to buy a house and start a family, and now we're back to being poor college students, and I just wanted to be a mom and I don't get to.
k) I'm getting old. I don't wanna be 30 in 8 months. :(
l) I just feel blah...

Anyway, I need to stop complaining. I really do have a good life. It's just been one of those "I feel blah weeks" and I need to get over it. I'm glad it's Friday and that this week is almost over! Sorry to everyone who I've been grouchy to this week. Especially Matt. Thanks for putting up with me honey! At least it was Fall Break at the U this week so I didn't have to go to school. Yay for Fall Break!!!! And...I get to go to the zoo tomorrow with the two cutest kids from our ward. Yay for taking small children to the zoo!!! Oh, it's getting better already.

4 comments:

Eric Davis said...

You can be a mom and poor and working at the same time :) Not ideal, but possible!

Let us know if you guys deserve assistance with moving. I will not be here that weekend, but Eric would love to! :)

Eric Davis said...

oops I am logged into eric's account...and i am too lazy to change it :)

Joella said...

I totally know how you feel! (I just had one of those weeks too.) But, you are amazing, so you can get through it--especially if you get to do fun things like go to the zoo. How cool is that?!?

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

How frustrating! Sorry it's been one of those weeks. And I'm sure this won't be any consolation to you, but sometimes I wish Carl and I had waited to have kids so we could go on more fun trips and have more adventures. As it is, we still have about five years before we can do fun things again. And then we will have to drag the kids everywhere we want to be. So, enjoy your last little while of being kid-free and doing fun things. All in good time, Christy, all in good time.