Sunday, July 26, 2009

Redeeming the holiday

So the 24th was much more festive than the 4th. We got up early to do the Days of 47 10K race. This is such a fun race. It's blasted hot, but it is really fun. The last 2 miles or so are along the parade route, so there are tons of people cheering you on. Plus, some of them bring squirt bottles and hose you down. It's the best!

I did really well. I beat my time from last year by over a minute, and I got my best 10K time ever at 1:05:32. Matt did well too, he came in just barely under the one hour mark and about 30 seconds after my dad.

Then I stayed and watched the parade while Matt went home and watched the Tour de France. The parade was super hot but it was fun. Some of my students were on the BYU float and my uncle Jeff was driving our stake float, so it was fun to see them.

After I got home from the parade Matt and I went to the pool. It's the first time we've been to our apartment's pool since we moved here. It was so nice just to relax and chill by the pool. After that we took naps and had our own little BBQ. Then we went to our friend Alison's birthday party and got to see all her fun pictures from Peru. And then we went to the fireworks. I loved them.

Of course I didn't get a single picture of any of the festivities. Oh well. Happy Pioneer Day!

No comments: