Sunday, July 26, 2009

Anniversary festivities

This weekend we celebrated our 1-year anniversary. We did lots of fun stuff. First of all, we watched the Tour de France. That was Matt's choice of activity. :) Then we made waffles for breakfast. Then we went on a hike to Lake Mary in Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was so beautiful.

And it was nice to get out of the sweltering heat for a little while. We enjoyed the mountains and the lake.

And I enjoyed frolicking through the wildflowers. Matt enjoyed taking pictures of me frolicking.

It was a short hike, but very fun.

Then I got this great idea that we should go over to the temple and have our picture taken. We are going to do this every year. I thought it would be fun to see our family grow throughout the years.

We went to the Melting Pot for dinner. It was so fun. It is a fondue restaurant. Not only is it different and fun, but it's delicious! Oh, and we ate our wedding cake top. I'm writing a whole separate post on that one because it was quite the experience.

Then we went and stayed at the Anniversary Inn. This is where we stayed on our honeymoon. They have lots of different themed rooms. This time we stayed in the Country Garden room.

I loved it! It had a gazebo that the bed was in. It had ivy and flowers all over the room and it had little archways and stone pillars and stuff throughout the room. It was awesome. And the bed inside the gazebo was circle shaped. Very cool.

And the shower was a little watering bucket. It was so cute! It is so fun to stay there. They bring you breakfast in bed in the morning and they have sparkling cider and cheesecake waiting for you in your room when you get there.

Then we (ok mostly me) had this great idea to dress up in our wedding attire. So we did. It was really fun. We danced to our wedding song and listened to our wedding playlist throughout the day.
And then we went for a carriage ride downtown. Wedding clothes and all. It was great. We went around Salt Lake and up through Memory Grove.

This was our awesome horse named Charlie. We got a lot of honks and waves and congratulations and stuff. It was awesome!

What a great day. But mostly what a great year! I'm the luckiest girl ever to have such a great hubby. Matt is so good to me and I'm so glad I married him. Marriage has definately been a learning experience for me. But it has also been the greatest experience of my life. It has been a wonderful year and I am looking forward to many more to come.

4 comments:

caron said...

Congratulations. :)
So, funny story, me and Danny went hiking to Lake Mary also on Saturday morning, but from Little Cottonwood canyon. It would have been funny to see you guys there. Almost as shocking as when I ran into Mel on top of Angel's Landing.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Sounds like fun. Our first anniversary involved being up at odd hours with a newborn. Yours was much better. We want to go to the Melting Pot sometime. And I would love to stay at a theme hotel. Maybe for our anniversary this year?? But somehow I doubt that. Darn kids get in the way of fun plans like yours.

muffy said...

Ugh! The picture was crooked! Oh well i'm glad you had a great anniversary.

Deb and AJ said...

Wow! One year already. Enjoyed reading about all that you did but I especially liked your last paragraph. Congratulations!