Monday, July 13, 2009

3 minutes too slow

We completed the Echo Triathlon this weekend. So fun! My dad, my uncle Mike, Nathan, Kyle, Matt and me all raced. My goal was to beat my time from last year, and I did. By 15 minutes! Granted, I did terrible last year but still 15 minutes is a lot in a race like this. My final time was 1 hour and 52 minutes. (They don't have the official results posted yet, but that was my watch time.)

That was pretty good for me. My best triathlon time was 1:51 at Lake Powell, so 1:52 was pretty good. My swim was terrible but I feel like I did well on the bike and run. My swim time was about 25 minutes, my bike time was about 47 minutes, and my run time was about 33 minutes. It did take me forevor to get my stinkin' wetsuit off.

The saddest thing though was that my dad promised me that if I beat him, he would give me $100. I was three minutes off. THREE MINUTES! If I could have just done a little better on the swim and gotten my wetsuit off more quickly, I would be $100 richer. Oh well. Maybe next time. The offer is good for the next 5 years.

My mom had our camera and let's just say that she didn't get very many good photos. So I'll have to wait to get the good ones from my auntie Jill. Anyway, here are a few. Matt did well...his goal was to beat my dad, which he did. And he didn't crash on his bike. :)

My dad's goal was to beat my uncle Mike, which he did not. He claims it was in the transitions that he fell short.

I felt really good about the whole race. I wasn't as prepared for it as I would like to have been, but for the training I put in (as in not very much), I was very happy with my time. And I got to get a cute triathlon suit thanks to our leftover REI gift card from our wedding. It always helps if you feel cute. :)

Kyle did not even train one bit. The only reason he did it was because it was his Father's Day gift to my dad. Yes, my dad is THAT obsessed with triathlons. Anyway, he finished and didn't look like he was going to die afterwards, so that was good.

Nathan did the Olympic distance race and did pretty well. I ran into some of my good friends from college, Steve and Sunny, at the race. It was really fun to see them. Anyway, it was a good day at Echo all around.

Since it was 7-11, we had to go get our free slurpees while we were out house hunting. Fun. fun.

I made these cupcakes last week for the 4th and wanted to share. I thought they turned out really cute.

2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Okay, those cupcakes are super cute! And congrats on the time. And Sunny and Steve...how are they?

The Woodland's said...

Way to go on your time! That's awesome! And so close with your dad's time. You'll beat him next time for sure!