Monday, July 20, 2009

Brianhead in less than 24 hours

This past weekend was the Robertson Family Reunion (my mom's side) down at Brianhead. We weren't able to stay the whole time so we were there for less than 24 hours. But it was fun. We ventured over to Cedar Breaks for a few minutes since Matt had never been. We also went on a very short hike up a mountain biking trail. The rest of the time we were playing day camp games, eating, getting scolded, and hanging out with the fam. And driving. A very long way of driving. But we did stop to sample the world's best ice cream at the Big Red Barn on the way so it was ok.

Anyway, here is the crew! We had most everyone there except for Scott & Mystie, John, Tim and Trevor and their families. I think that was it.

It is always fun to get together with my cousins. I remember when we were little, we used to love going to visit my cousins. Rachel and I would even build traps to get the boys. Of course the boys were building their own traps for us while we were at it! Hee hee! A big thanks to Grandpa Russ for organizing it all!

One thing that was really cool that we did at the reunion was learn about some of our ancestors. One of my ancestors, Ole Madsen, was in the Willie Handcart Company. He was one of the 13 who died at Rock Creek Hollow. I have always wanted to learn more about him and his family. Well, Grandpa Russ brought a video about the Madsen family's trek over from Denmark and the whole journey. It was awesome. I definately don't descend from wimps, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

A reply to your comments: No, Carl doesn't have a mohawk. Though Carl was the one that created this one. The previous night we had given the kids baths, and Carl was playing with Bryant's hair afterwards, commenting on how long it is getting. And one of the things he did was pull it all up into a mohawk. Well, neither of us combed it back down, so the next morning the front half was still sticking straight up. Instead of wetting it, and combing it down, I just stuck it all back up with some gel. And it stayed. The trend that bugs me is little girls with curled over mohawks. Have you seen those? UGLY!!! Sorry to anyone who does that to their daughters, but I just think it's hideous. A boy, that's a little more understandable.