Monday, May 4, 2009

T minus 12 days

Marathon Update: So this marathon is in less than 2 weeks!!! Auuggghhh!! I strained/bruised my knees and hamstrings pretty badly last week, so I went to the physical therapist and came back all taped up and looking like this.

(Please disreguard my hideous legs.) Anyway, the PT told me I needed to tape my knees up like this and wrap up my hamstrings if I am gonna get through this marathon in one piece. He also gave me some exercises I have to do and I'm supposed to ice my legs frequently. I was able to do 10 miles this weekend fairly easily with all the tape and stuff, but I don't think I would have made it the 26.2. The PT said I would be able to get through the marathon just fine, so that is comforting. We've made it this far without injuries, and three weeks out I get this one!

I really think it will heal enough to be ready for the marathon. I can't believe this thing is in 2 weeks!!! And I can't believe that I'm actually feeling mostly ready for it. You're all invited to come cheer us along! We'll need it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I am so impressed with you!! Good luck on the marathon...I'll be watching for updates.