Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Auuuggghhhh!

I'm getting nervous. This race is in THREE DAYS!

What if I don't make it? What if my hamstrings or knees start acting up again? What if it is the most miserable experience of my life? What if I get lost and don't make it to the start line? What if I forget something? What if I chaff? What if I get blisters or my toenails fall off? What if my clothes are too hot or too cold for the temperature? What if my alarm clock doesn't go off in the morning and I sleep through the whole thing? What if my iPod breaks? What if I pass out? Or what if any of that stuff happens to Matt?

Plus, my dad is deathly ill and might not be able to run with us. I feel so sad. All that training and then he gets sick. I'm praying for a miracle so he will be able to do it.

OK, I'm going to go get a paper bag now...

4 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I sure hope your dad gets better. That really, really, really, really stinks. But good luck to you and Matt. And if any of that stuff happens, well, it'll be okay, because at least you will still be alive. And would it really be so bad to sleep through it? At least you wouldn't have to worry about your hammies and knees then.

Kristen Brady said...

Deep breaths! I'm rooting for you!

Wake up it's Tuesday said...

Good luck for the marathon!

Cheryl said...

How did it go?!

I hope your dad was able to make it!