Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A weekend of wedding

This weekend was chock full of wedding festivities. We started out the wedding weekend by attending the Wedding Expo at Thanksgiving Point on Friday night. The reason why we went shall remain unstated, but it was a really funny reason. And we had a really funny experience while we were there with everyone asking us when our wedding was going to be, etc.

Then we went and saw Bride Wars. It was hilarious. On Saturday we attended our friend Garrett's wedding. We are so excited for him. Hayley is so perfect for Garrett. My favorite part about this whole relationship is that when they first started dating, I asked Garrett why he liked her. His response was, "...well, she's kinda crass...and I love it!"

I thought that was fantastic. Anyway, it was a great wedding and a great day. Congrats to Garrett and Hayley!

Then to end the weekend of wedding we went home and watched Father of the Bride. (Well, Matt watched it while I fell asleep!) That is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I knew Matt was the one for me when he understood what I was talking about when I made jokes by quoting that movie. And the real kicker was when he quoted it himself!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love father of the bride, such a good movie.
Now I am curious what the funny reason was that you went to the expo!