Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve was pretty fun this year. We had a little party at our house. I made my delicious stuffed mushrooms and layer dip.

And we played Rock Band and Seinfield Scene It. That was lots of fun.

Katie and Jill had a good idea to share the drums so it wasn't so hard!

Most of our friends left around 10:30 to go to other parties though, so that was kinda sad. Sometimes I feel like ever since we got married, we lost a lot of our friends. And I miss them! I like being surrounded by lots of people. I promise we are still fun even if we are married!

We made sure to ring in the new year with noise horns and sparkling cider and toasts. And of course we watched the Times Square festivities. And yelled 'Happy New Year' on the balcony.

2008 really was a great year. So many good things. But here's to an even more fantastic 2009! Here are my New Year's Resolutions.

1. Attend the temple twice a month.
On the 2nd Tuesday and the last Saturday of the month. And learn more about the ordinances.

2. Run a marathon.
We are training for the Ogden Marathon that is in May.

3. Write in my journal once a week.
Ever since I started blogging, my journal writing has been slacking.

4. Do my visiting teaching every month.


5. Study scriptures and have daily prayer, both individually and as a couple.
I am pretty good at this one, but I want it to be more quality rather than just checking it off the list.

6. Get to my goal weight of 135.
I have lost 50 already and I only have 9 pounds to go!

7. Present at a professional conference.
There is one in May and another in July that I could present at.

8. Plan at least one social event per month.
I have got to make friends! And keep the ones I have!

9. Learn to communicate better in Matt's love language.

10. And I have another one that I won't mention.

So if you would please hold me accountable for these goals, I would highly appreciate it!

1 comment:

The Lively's said...

I have a guess what #10 is but I guess I will have to confirm that with you in private! :)