Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snowshoeing

Yesterday I went snowshoeing with some friends from my old job. It was so fun. We went up Big Cottonwood Canyon and hiked up to one of those little lakes up there. It was frozen of course, but beautiful.

Here is the trail we hiked up.

Here we are enjoying the clean air.

We saw some beautiful views.

Liesl stopped to eat some snow! She didn't bring any water and thought the snow would do just fine. I love it!

Here are Janice and Maurianne trying to balance on one snowshoe.

And here we all are once we reached the frozen lake. It was a great day. I love that it took us about an hour and a half to get to the lake and about 10 minutes to get back down. And that Janice brought her camera so she could stop and "take a picture" when she needed a breather. I really miss those guys!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That looks so fun! And beautiful.

The Lively's said...

Looks like fun! I love being outdoors! The air looks so nice! Sure miss the blue sky! Hopefully it gets nicer soon!

Mauri said...

I love the pics, Christy! Thanks for sharing. :) It was a great time, and perhaps we need to do it again before the snow melts.