Monday, November 24, 2008

Sniff, sniff

I'm sure you all know the outcome of the big game....very sad for me and very happy for Matt. We decided to have a little pre-game BBQ and here we are with our beverages of choice. :) Hee hee, we are so funny! We were going to take our little grill up to the stadium and have a tailgate party, but since it turned out just to be the two of us, we just had our party at home.

Matt did a great job at cooking our lunch and we had a really fun time. We decided that the loser of the game had to drink the rest of the winning team's colored beverage. It was pretty funny.

Here we are at the game. It was a really good game for the first 3 quarters. And then it got ugly. And it wasn't just the game. I'm trying to forget about what happened because it was so awful, so I'm not going to write about it, but I'll just put it this way. In my scripture reading this morning I found a good way to describe how things went off the field...

And it is impossible for the tongue to describe, or for man to write a perfect description of the horrible scene of blood and carnage which was among the people; and every heart was hardened, so that they delighted in the shedding of blood continually.... And they were driven and slaughtered with an exceedingly great slaughter, and their women and their children were again sacrificed unto idols.... And there never had been so great wickedness among all the children of Lehi, as was among this people.
--Mormon 4

For the most part, everything and everyone was fine...just a friendly little rivalry, but I was just not prepared for the few idiots who have to ruin it for everyone. And I think it is very sad that football is not a family-friendly environment. However, I am very happy that I had a very happy husband!

Here is Matt celebrating with his sister and friends. After the game, we hightailed it down to Draper to go to my good friend Jared's wedding! We didn't have time to change out of our game-day clothes, but at least we made it before they left.

And I got to see my other good friend Kremer. We were all in the same BYU ward in college, and we had so much fun. After the wedding, we beelined over to our other friend's birthday party, and then to another friend's get-together. It was a very busy, but very fun day.

And, Matt got a new calling at church. He got called to teach Primary with me. Hopefully that will help. And hopefully he won't hate it, too! Is anyone else as excited for Thanksgiving break as I am???? Bring on the turkey!!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

It was great to see you guys! Thanks again for coming and with your busy night even.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Kremer looks almost the exact same. And Jared looks great. His wife is gorgeous. And I love her dress. The waist is so pretty on it, with the ribbon. I'm sorry that BYU lost too. Oh well. Does Utah allow alcohol in the stadium? Maybe that was the problem. I'm glad BYU doesn't.

Bethany said...

Yay for Jared! That's great news. A good way to end what sounds like an interesting night. :)

muffy said...

Utah does not allow alcohol in the stadium.