Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

This was the best costume I saw all day. They were chasing each other around campus and only moving in straight lines and making turns at right angles. And they had the PacMan music playing from their costumes. Isn't that great?

For the first time EVER since I left my job at CK last March, I missed it on Halloween. Halloween was always so fun at that job. It just wasn't the same this year. My students had some fun things going on, but I wasn't really a part of it. They decorated their area cubicle, which turned out really fun. One of the kids even stayed up til midnight the night before writing causes of death on gravestones for each of the students. It was hilarious!

A few of the students dressed up as our student body president. They stole his clothes and dyed their hair black. And since Adam is from New Zealand, they spoke in accents. It was so funny! And the best part was that Adam didn't know they had stolen his clothes.

Nicki was so cute. She dressed up as the Morton salt girl.

Here I am with my team. I really do love working with them, they are so great. And I really do love my job so much more than my old one. Chad was Chad Johnson the football player, Garrett was a gangster, Nat was Where's Waldo, and Liz was a ninja. They are so awesome!

They had a party in the office that day for all the students and kept talking about all their fun plans they had for the evening. It made me really sad because this is the first year that I wasn't invited to any parties or anything. Usually I have a bunch of things to choose from to do on Halloween.
So I went home and carved a pumpkin at least.

I was just sad that I didn't have anywhere to go so I could dress up in my costume. I had to go to Target to get some supplies and there was no one even at Target.

I guess next year I will just have to make sure I have some festive plans. I love Halloween, but this year was just kind of disappointing.

3 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

At least you had your party. Just wait until you have kids and all they want is more candy.

caron said...

I have several comments.
-the murder mystery party was highly successful. You can't discount that
- I love the pac man! Although i had hoped for a picture of giselle. :)
- I love the costumes of your kids!
- That picture of you with your tongue sticking out carving the pumpkin is awesome! I'm glad to see you threw yourself into it like that. Although i'm sure there was a little bit of posing :)
- my halloween? I went trick or treating with a bunch of cute little kids, and then I went to a party that had shut down an hour before. I was in bed by 11, but was nodding off by about 10. I'm so pathetic!

Christy said...

I really do stick my tongue out like that when I am concentrating. It totally wasn't posed. And you're not the pathetic one...at least you had places to go!