Friday, November 21, 2008

The Holy War

According to my friend Anne, tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of when it all started between Matt and me. If you'll remember, last year, Matt and I went to the Holy War together. I happened to have tickets, and I invited Matt to come with me. He was a good friend and I knew he would be so excited to be able to go to the game. So I invited him.

Anne thinks that I subconsciously liked Matt at the time, and that is why I invited him to come. I just wanted to go to the game and have a good time. Whether it was subconscious or not, it was a fun time. And for the record, I consciously started liking him the beginning of January.

Nevertheless, we both consider that game to be our first "unofficial" date. So Anne is right...tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of our first date. That being said, I am very nervous about tomorrow. I am scared that I'm going to be the only Cougar fan in the whole section of where we sit and I'm going to get ganged up on by everybody and I will be all alone! Matt has promised that he will protect me if people start being mean to me. Maybe I will bring some blue mustard gas or something as a self-defense weapon.

Plus, if we lose (which I hope doesn't happen) I will have no one to console me. And if we win, I will have no one to celebrate with. Maybe I will just have to go celebrate/wallow in sorrow (depending on the outcome) with the football team and the cheerleaders.

Anyway, all I have to say is....RISE AND SHOUT AND GOOOO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, Matt.)

1 comment:

Kristen Brady said...

You and I are in the same boat (except that I won't be at the game). You can call me and we'll celebrate - because of course the Cougs are going to win!!!!