Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was kind of eventful this year. At about 8:00 p.m. Wednesday night, I get a call from my mother-in-law saying that her oven had broken. She was supposed to be hosting Thanksgiving the next day. How can you have Thanksgiving with no oven???!!!

After much freaking out and many plans later, we finally came up with a decent solution. Michele would cook the turkey at her neighbor's house and prepare some yams and stuffing and I would cook them at my house. I was already making rolls and mashed potatoes and pie. Luckily I had made the rolls and pie on Wednesday so on Thursday I just had to bake the yams and stuffing and do the potatoes.

If that wasn't enough, on the way to our annual Thanksgiving race, our van got backed into (by my dad..ha!) and got a dent and scratches on it! Ugggh! Our brand-new (to us) van! At least it was by my dad and not a hit and run.

Anyway, it all turned out fine in the end. Our dinner was yummy and we had fun at the race and spending time with family.

I'm thankful for these 2 little stinkers....

and the silly things they do. Emily put on Matt's water belt, got on her toy car and said she was going to the gym. Ha!


And then she arranged all her dolls at the table for dinner.

And they all had to have sweaters on the back of their chairs. Ha!

And I'm thankful for Emily's daddy too and all he does for our family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: