Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas preparations

My whole life I have had a real Christmas tree. And I planned to keep it that way for the rest of my life. I love real trees! Until the past couple of years I just couldn't justify spending $40 every year on a Christmas tree. So last year I decided that we were going to bite the bullet and get a fake one. But I was going to wait til after Christmas and get one on clearance so it would be cheap. It was a great idea! Except I went right after Christmas and there were NONE left! Plan backfired!

So this year, I sent Matt out on black Friday to get one. And he got a good deal. And now we have a fake Christmas tree. I'm still kind of lamenting the fact that it's not real, but I'm getting used to it. And I'm feeling good about my financial decision.

Emily had a ball decorating it. She put all the ornaments in the same spot. Ha!


We also got out all the other decorations and have had fun "arranging" them daily. Ha!

And Emily is always rearranging the ornaments on the tree and here she is showing her puppy the Christmas tree. It was so cute.


I think it turned out nice for a fake tree. Now I just need to get some pine-scented candles or something to make it smell like Christmas!

Zach hasn't gotten into it yet...let's hope it stays that way!

No comments: