Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weaning

This whole weaning thing just might be the death of me. Emmy has been so cranky ever since we took away her bottle and have been trying to get her to eat normal food. She still gets a bottle at night before bed, but her meals are rough. It's been over a week now, and she still hasn't gotten the hang of it. She will only eat 3-4 bites of her meal and then refuses to eat anything else. Plus, half the time she will put the food in her mouth, chew it up, and then spit it out. I don't know what to do! I feel like she is not eating nearly enough. For example, this morning for breakfast all she ate was about 3 bites of eggs, about 8 mandarin orange pieces and a few sips of milk. And that would be considered a decent meal as compared to others. Is that normal? And, one day she'll eat something, but the next time I give it to her she won't eat it. I am trying everything I can think of. Plus she is not sleeping nearly as well as she used to. She'll lay and moan in her bed for an hour before finally falling asleep. That is not normal for her at all. And when she is up, she's whiny half the time. It is so stressful! I am going crazy! I want my happy little girl back.

3 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Oh no! I would have imagined that after a week things would be better. She sounds stubborn, that's for sure. I don't know what to tell you. Just trust your intuition.

Unknown said...

That sounds terrible! I know nothing, but maybe she's not ready? Good luck :)

The Lively's said...

Maybe she is getting more teeth! What your saying all sounds pretty normal to me! It'll soon pass...ps. go drink one of Matt's secret stash of Mountain Dew maybe that'll help! LOL! :)