Friday, July 23, 2010

Recovery

I am going to have to say that the worst part about having a child is not the 9 months of pregnancy. Not the labor and delivery. Not the feedings and sleepless nights. But the pain from those dang stitches. Seriously. Pregnancy and labor were not as bad as I thought they would be. But I definately was not expecting how painful the stitches would be and how sore I would be after she was born. But I guess I'd much rather have a couple weeks of recovery rather than 9 months of sickness and a hard labor.

But little Emily is so cute when she's not crying. Last night we had a rough night. She would not sleep! Her best sleeping times are from like 4 a.m. to noon or so. She must take after her auntie Laurie! She'll wake up once or twice to eat during that time, but then will usually go right on back to sleep. And then she'll stay up all night. Hopefully she will learn soon and start sleeping at night.

Speaking of recovery, last night I got this sent to me on my phone...

Scared me half to death. My dad got in a bike wreck last night and is in the hospital. He may have a concussion and a fractured hip. We should find out more today. He does have the neck brace off now. Please pray that he will be ok and that he can come visit little Emily soon.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I so know that feeling about bike wreck's. I hope you dad will recover soon!

The Graham Family! said...

I'm sorry recovery stinks!! It is definitely NOT fun. Hope you get to feeling better quickly. Just think to yourself.. at least you were able to have a normal delivery. Recovery from a c-section takes FOREVER it seems. So many layers of stitches to heal and no stomach muscles to be used to get up and down with the baby. But either way.. pain is definitely something we get to deal with when having kids and it's a good thing you have an adorable little girl to make up for it. Hope Mark also gets to feeling better fast too! We heard the news this morning. Poor guy!

muffy said...

Oh no how did that happen?

The Woodland's said...

Hope you get feeling better soon Christy! And that your dad heals quickly and without problems!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I am so glad I had c-sections. Those stitches are easy to take care of. But the other kind...I don't even want to think about how much of a pain that would be. Good luck with everything, and I hope your dad is okay. That picture looks pretty scary.