Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Roller coaster

Last week we found out that my dad had a tumor on his kidney that had an 85% chance of being the bad kind of cancer. This week, he had the tumor removed. Yesterday we found out that the tumor was benign and had not spread anywhere else. Yay for the 15% chance!

What a roller coaster!

I am so grateful that he is ok. I am not ready to lose my dad to cancer. They removed about 1/3 of his kidney, but the cool thing is that his kidney will still function normally after it heals. And it was a good thing they removed the tumor even though it was benign because it would have kept growing and would have eventually overtaken his kidney or ruptured and caused internal bleeding. No good. Anyway, he is recovering pretty well and should be able to come home from the hospital today.

I love you Dad!

3 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

We are so glad that everything ended up good!! Losing your dad is NOT a fun experience.. and I'm so glad he is well. What a blessing!!

The Woodland's said...

I'm so glad it worked out for the best for your dad! Thank goodness for the "up" side of roller coasters! :)

shahbob said...

you seems a happy couple
god bless you