Thursday, March 4, 2010

The chocolates tell all

Today at the doctors office after the ultrasound they gave us some chocolates...

So apparently we're having a girl! I am really excited. I don't think Matt knows quite what to think. He was so adamant that it was going to be a boy that I don't think he really considered any other options. He says he doesn't know what to do with a girl. But I know he will be a great daddy to our little girl. Luckily there weren't triplets in there! (I had a dream the other night that we went in for the ultrasound and they told us there were 3!)

Anyway, she looks very healthy. We could see everything except her little face. I guess she is shy. Seriously, they poked and prodded and jiggled to try and get her to turn over, but she just wouldn't do it. I guess she was sleeping and didn't want to be bothered. :) But here's her head with her arm scratching her forehead.

We saw her heart and the 4 chambers in it and the two sides of her brain and her arms and legs and her girl parts. It was kinda cool to see her little bones. She was kind of in a very strange position with her head and arms all curled up but with her legs all stretched out. Here's her foot. When this image came up on the screen, Matt said, "Honey, she's a bigfoot!"

Anyway, it was pretty amazing all the stuff we could see. And I'm happy to know that everything is looking the way it should. And here's me at 20 weeks. (Please disregard the bikes and stuff.) I feel like I don't really look pregnant...just like I've gained 10 pounds. Luckily I can still wear my normal clothes. Well, some of them.

We're halfway there!

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I was totally wrong, man I'm bad at this game. I'm glad all looks good. It must be a relief to see that your baby is healthy and "normal"! :) You are such a cute pregnant lady, even though you hardly look pregnant.

Kristen Brady said...

I am so excited for you. You look adorable, and I just know that having a girl will be so great for Matt! He'll just turn to mush around his daughter - you'll love it!

The Kipper Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and a girl will be lots of fun! You look great! Good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Your little girl is going to be so cute. I'm a little bummed because I thought it was a boy, but really as long as its healthy the gender isn't as important, oh boy I get to buy lots of cute little pink things :)

Heather said...

YAY you'll LOVE having a little girl! Bryan was the same way but he's now wrapped so tight around his little girls' finger it cracks me up! You'll be great daddy Matt...and you've got a good girl to show you how to do it all!

Nate said...

Congratulations! Nate is feeling the same way as Matt. He is terrified to have a girl and he says he wouldn't know what to do if we are having a girl. But I think once Matt see her he will just melt and he is going to be a great daddy and you are going to be an awesome mom!

singingrae said...

CONGRATS! And no, you don't look pregnant at all! Not a bit, you lucky gal! Well, I look pregnant enough for the both of us. :)

So happy for you guys! Have fun shopping for cute girl stuff!

The Woodland's said...

Congratulations!! And what a fun way for the doctor to tell you!

Brittany said...

Congrats! You will be wonderful with a girl (as you would have been with a boy)! I'm excited for you!

Sue said...

Congratulations! I'm just finding out your pregnant and having a girl. How fun!
You look great by the way.