Saturday, March 13, 2010

More trouble

I have been wanting to decorate the baby's room for awhile now, but I obviously had to wait til we knew the gender. But since we found out, I've been looking at tons of different bedroom sets and stuff and I found THIS and fell in love with it...

The only problem was that all the stuff was kind of expensive. So I've done a lot of searching and I found a website that had the crib bedding set and some of the accessories for a HUGE discount + no sales tax + free shipping! Sweet! So I got the crib bedding, which comes with the quilt, sheet, bumper, diaper stacker, dust ruffle, and curtains. And I splurged and got these wall decal things to match (which are not featured in this picture but are darling!)

Anyway, I kind of still want to get the mobile, lamp, and the hamper but that will have to wait. And I am going to make my own wall hangings and pillow. And I have some other projects in mind to add to it that will involve some painting and restoring of some things from my old room! I am really excited to have this project to work on and for our baby's super cute nursery.

We got a really great tax refund this year, which was kind of a surprise because when we were doing our taxes we were about to break even until we added our education expenses and then...boom...all of a sudden a huge refund. What a blessing! Especially since baby stuff is so expensive! Cribs and carseats and strollers...holy cow!

I finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes today. I can still fit into most of my pants, but most of them aren't very comfortable. And I needed some stuff for work because I was down to one pair of work pants that I could stand wearing all day. Anyway, I was reluctant to go to one of those maternity stores because I was afraid they would be really expensive, but I went and it wasn't too bad. But the best part is that they treat you like royalty in there. It was great!

I find out next week if my thesis passed or not. Pray for me!

7 comments:

Eric Davis said...

I almost got that exact set for Lily....until i found something cheaper....we did still go with the lady bugs and I love it!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Did you know that pillows aren't a good idea for babies? We didn't give Abigail a pillow until she was about 2, and that one is pretty flat. And Bryant is 18 months and still sleeping with no pillow. I still have the fabric I was going to use to make a pillow case for Abigail sitting around somewhere in our basement. Then again, Bryant is using the quilt I made when she was a baby (I went with gender neutral colors since I figured we'd have more than one kid, and there were no guarantees that they would be the same gender) so I guess she doesn't need it now.

Christy said...

The pillow isn't going to be for her...it's going to be for me! To put on the rocking chair in her room. :)

muffy said...

Do you know what your going to name her?

Christy said...

Right now we are thinking of naming her Emily. But another few months might change our minds. :)

Betsy said...

Ah, Christy, I was just looking at nursery stuff, where did you find your great deal?? That set you bought is so cute! Good luck with your thesis. :)

The Woodland's said...

What a cute nursery set! And what a fun project! You'll do great at it, Christy! You'll have to let us know when it's done so we can come see it.