Friday, March 19, 2010

The 1/2 mile holdup

So there I was at the gym. On the treadmill. Now that I have my energy back and can breathe almost normally again I wanted to get running again before my belly gets too big. Only I had to stop and go to the bathroom every half mile! What the...? There has got to be a remedy for that! I make it through my other types of exercise just fine. By the way, I want to get a running stoller...does anyone have any recommendations?

P.S. I just got the good news....MY THESIS PASSED!!!!!! I'm going to be a master!!!

3 comments:

The Lively's said...

Ha ha! A remedy good luck! Think about it you are running & that baby is sitting on your bladder bouncing up and down on your bladder...no wonder! ; ) it's only going to get worse just you wait. Oh the joys of being pregnant...wait till she is sitting on your psyatic nerve that is the worst. Good luck!

Oh & congrats on the thesis! What a load off that must be!

Cheryl said...

It's because of all the bouncing. I find that if I just distract myself, I don't really have to go and I can get through a run without any "pit stops".

Congratulations on the thesis!

The Pen Pal said...

Regarding the jogger:

Baby has to be able to hold their head up before you go out and do the jogging stroller. I say about six monthes after she's born is when you should be looking into one.

Get one that easily breaks down so that you can travel with it.

Make sure it has a hand brake, like the ones on bicycle handle bars.

Make sure that you can apply the brake to it if left alone or that it has a means to park it safely with baby in it.

Make sure that it has a leash that you can wrap around your wrist in case you were to trip and fall that baby does not keep going in it.

Get one that has the four point harness for baby.

The best have bicycle type of tires on them and are better at absorbing bumps.

Consider how the jogger accomodates baby peripherals. E.G., does it have a basket, a sleeve or is it not designed to carry anything.

Good ones are about $250 and are generally rated until baby is about 65 pounds. Usually, a 65 pound child is longer than the jogger can accomodate.

Regards
TPP