Friday, February 5, 2010

Running

So you can probably tell from my mileage log that I haven't been doing too much running this year. My totals are gonna look pathetic next to last years but I decided to keep track anyway because it helps me know when I need to get new shoes. It's hard to know how much exercise is enough or too much when you're pregnant. I feel like I haven't been doing enough and I need to step it up. But I also know that I can't keep up with what I was doing before I got pregnant. I still work out 4-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes, but I have drastically reduced the intensity and length of my workouts. And I don't run very often anymore...instead I've been doing more of the other stuff. But it's still such a hard balance to know how much to do! And I'm stinkin bored of the gym. I just wanna be outside but I hate being cold! I'm such a wuss! Last year I was running 20 miles in the snow!

3 comments:

Melissa D said...

Just wait til you are like 7 months.....you won't beable to walk far distances without having to rest. It stinks.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I kept running until it was too hard with my belly bouncing. I think I was around five or six months preggers when I stopped. Do you do yoga at all? That can be a good one for pregnant women. I had a friend that kept doing crunchies her entire pregnancy. Some people are pretty intense. Just do whatever is comfortable for you. I hear swimming can be nice too, then you don't feel so heavy when you are in the water.

The Woodland's said...

No worries, Christy! You definitely have a good reason for not having so many miles this year. :)