Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolution Time

It's that time of year! This year instead of just making goals I can check off a list or specifically accomplish, there are some qualities I would like to focus on developing.

1. Forgiveness
2. Selflessness
3. Optimism
4. Being satisfied with my efforts and gaining a better understanding of divine nature

I have some specific ideas on some things I can do to hopefully better develop these qualities. But if anyone has any suggestions, I am open to hearing them! I am grateful for the opportunity we have to constantly improve and develop.

And I can't forget to check in on last year's resolutions:

1. Attend the temple twice a month. I think I missed a month, but for the most part did pretty well.
2. Run a marathon. Check.
3. Write in my journal once a week. I probably did about every other week.
4. Do my visiting teaching every month. Check.
5. Study scriptures and have daily prayer, both individually and as a couple. I think I improved at this one, but it can always get better!
6. Get to my goal weight of 135. Got to 140, then got pregnant. I think that's pretty good.
7. Present at a professional conference. Yep.
8. Plan at least one social event per month. Check.
9. Learn to communicate better in Matt's love language. I hope I did this. I know I tried.
10. And I have another one that I won't mention. It was to start our little family....check.

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

That's what I figured #10 was. Way to go on your resolutions. That's awesome! I hope this year goes as well, if not better than 2009.