Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

Since my Halloween last year was pretty lame, I vowed I was not going to let that happen again. This year was much better. I was Minnie Mouse and Matt was a pizza. We went to our ward party and passed out candy at the Trunk or Treat.

The kids loved Matt's costume and kept coming up to him and pretending to eat him. It was great! We also played some games with the kids and had a chili cookoff. There were 4 little girls dressed as Snow White and 3 Tinkerbells.

After the ward party, we went to our friend, Ben's Halloween party. We made the traditional Ghosts in the Graveyard and played a fun game where there was an object in a paper bag and you had to guess what it was just by feeling the outside of the paper bag. There was a bag for every letter of the alphabet and the thing inside started with that letter. It was really fun.

Anne and Caron's costumes turned out great! Anne was Hannah Montana and Caron was the Morton Salt girl.

On Saturday, I carved pumpkins with Allison and then went trick or treating with my sister in law and little nephew. It was really fun!

I did not get a chance to make Halloween cookies though. Maybe this week.

Here is my finished pumpkin. Since I was packing all day and packed the candles, I had to use a flashlight to light up the pumpkin.

Some of my students dressed up as the Scooby Doo characters!

And the murder mystery is this weekend so it's not over yet! Hurray!

1 comment:

Kristen Brady said...

So fun - I love the costumes!