Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Breaking point

I have almost reached my breaking point of not being able to handle any more bad things happening to us. Just when I was about to lose it...I read this article in the Ensign by Elder Holland.

This month has seriously sucked. I know that there are lots of people out there that have much worse situations than me, but a lot of crappy things have happened to us this month. It is so frustrating to keep doing what you think is right only for them to turn out not to be right. It just seems like nothing we try turns out to be the right thing even though you think it is and feel like it is. It makes me think, "What am I doing wrong?"

So then I read this article and Elder Holland says that sometimes crappy things happen even when you are being righteous. It doesn't mean you are unworthy of blessings or that God is disappointed in you.

I just needed to hear that and get some motivation to keep trying even when I seem to fail at everything I try. It doesn't mean I'm wrong. Thanks Elder Holland and the Ensign. Everyone should go read it right now.

No comments: