Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Out of the ordinary

I went with my friend Anne to the fair last weekend, and as always, it did not disappoint. The theme this year was very fitting. "Out of the Ordinary" it was! We saw the fair this year from a completely different viewpoint. I don't know whether it was because we parked in a different spot and went in a different entrance or because we went on a different day than we normally do, but it definately was out of the ordinary.

First of all, we saw these weird horse show things where the horses were carrying these little carts and people were dressed like they were from the 30s or something. It was quite interesting. Plus, on one of the rounds, the prize winning horse was being ridden by my old roommate's mom!

We did see the traditional butter cow. But this year they had a little scavenger hunt to find stuff in the butter sculpture. They did not, however, have a suggestion box so I could not make my traditional suggestion to sculpt a cow jumping over Delicate Arch for the butter cow.
Somehow we missed the prize-winning produce. Anyone know where they moved it?

There was a free Boyz II Men concert. It was HILARIOUS! Here is my best view of them. It brought me back to 7th grade.

We did not eat a navajo taco this year, but tried some Sanpete County BBQ turkey and an elephant ear. Yum! Anne even bought a blue ribbon recipe book. I'm excited to go to her house for dinner now so she can make me some fair food with her knife set.
We also went through the livestock section backwards, so we saw the cows first. We had a Kentucky repeat experience as we learned all about cow breeding. We decided that maybe those horse breeders had some stuff to learn from the cow breeders.
We saw these cute little piggies!
And we saw a goat fight. I've never heard that sound that a goat makes when it's fighting before, but it was pretty funny.

Here is Anne with a giant bull. I'm not sure if it was bigger than the world's largest steer though that we made Jeff's sister go see and take a picture of it for us that one year. We also saw this crazy shark show that was so funny.
I love the fair!

No comments: