Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When it rains it pours

As if Matt losing his job and us losing our house were not enough, we got dealt another big blow this weekend. Just one more thing that Matt was really excited about that now is not going to happen. It sucks when other people's choices and decisions affect you in ways that you have no control over and then you have to pick up the pieces and move on. It's really crazy how your life can get turned upside down in the matter of a week or two. I know we'll be fine, but I just hate seeing Matt so disappointed when the things he is excited about get taken away from him.

We do have a Plan B in the works as far as Matt's job goes. We'll find out today if it's really going to happen. I don't want to say anything about it though until we know for sure...I don't want to jinx it.

I do know that the Lord is watching out for us and that He really does have a plan in store for us. I just wish it didn't involve such hard times.

5 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Oh Christy! I feel like this is the same exact post I wanted to post in Aug/Sept of 2007. I felt similarly then to what you're feeling now - just when I thought things were bad/stressful and things just didn't seem to be working out the way we had hoped, even though we had been prayerful and felt like we were doing what was right, and things just couldn't get any worse - we got in a car accident that was 100% NOT our fault. Our car was totalled, we had medical bills, Will broke his ankle and was in a cast, he was out of work for a couple of weeks, etc. And I was 34 weeks pregnant. We were stressed! And I'm not going to lie to you and tell you we were happy and/or at peace with everything. But (and it's a big BUT), I do know that everything happens for a reason and now that we're two years removed from that situation I can see the Lord's hand in our lives. It definitely sucked to go through that experience and I wouldn't wish it on anyone else, but I grew as an individual, my marriage was fortified and I learned to rely on the Lord in a way that I hadn't previously.
My point? I guess it's that I empathize with your frustration and stress and would simply give you a virtual hug and tell you that you're being refined and things will eventually work out. Not exactly helpful, but maybe hopeful?
Good luck with everything!

The Lively's said...

A quote from a book I just read and thought it would help!

" It is not the Lord's way or His plan to take away our hardships and difficulties. It is these challenges that give us the opportunity to grow in faith, character, and understanding. And if we won't give up, He will be at our side to help us through them."

When we had all that happened to us happen I felt the same way you did. But then my neighbor's little boy had a tumor behind his eye and long story short their 3 year old son had to have is eye removed. Luckily he doesn't have to have chemo but needless to say, yes what happens to us sucks but someone else is going through the same or in my neighbors case much, much, worse and I felt ashamed for even complaining. We are very fortunate to live where we live and have so many things that people in other countries would be die to have. So since than I try very hard to be grateful for what we do have because we are very, very blessed!

Anyhoo I hope things get better!!!

Beth said...

I know it doesn't help or make things better, but we are sorry about everything that is happening. Please know we care about you and Matt a lot.

Heather said...

So sorry to hear that things are so rough right now...but hang in there. I hope that "Plan B" works out for you both!

Bethany said...

Christy, I'm so sorry! You're right...it always seems to come tumbling down at once. So tough! Hang in there my friend--the reasons for all of this will make themselves known soon enough.