Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TOU/2

This past weekend we did another half marathon. It was the Top of Utah 1/2 up in Cache Valley. It was awesome! Here we are on the bus to the start line looking very tired. That's what happens when you get up at the crack of dawn to run a race!

We decided to run this one when Caron decided she was going to run it in preparation for her Disney World 1/2 marathon in January. I never like running races by myself so I wanted to go run it with her. And I'm glad we did...it was beautiful! It was probably my favorite race course ever. And I got my best time ever. 2 hours and 29 minutes!

Matt and I ran together for the first couple of miles and then he took off. He finished 7 minutes ahead of me. Caron and I kind of tag teamed it the last half of the race. She would pass me then I would pass her, etc. The last 2 miles or so we pretty much stuck together. Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

We stopped by the temple to take a picture and then we had to get home so Matt could finish his pinewood derby car.

Fun times! And let me just say that this 1/2 marathon was actually enjoyable. I'm amazed at the endurance I still have from marathon training.

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

GOOD JOB! You amaze me with your running and triathlon abilities. You rock!