Monday, August 3, 2009

All the way to the top

So most of you who know Matt know that he is VERY into cycling. He loves it! He even watches the whole Tour de France. He can tell when we pass a biker on the street what type of bike they are riding. It cracks me up! One of his favorite things to do is ride his bike up the canyons.

On Saturday I decided I would join him on his ride up Mill Creek Canyon. He said it is the least steep and shortest of all the canyons so I thought I'd give it a try. I told myself that if it got too hard I could always turn around and come back. Well, I made it the whole way! And it was so fun. It was very tough...9 miles of climbing....but I made it! The coming down the canyon part scared me to death though. Maybe next time I will have Matt come and pick me up at the top. :)

2 comments:

Matt said...

She did a great job too; it only took her a little over an hour. Some of the sections are up to 14% grades. Great job honey! Next stop; Guardsman Pass. :)

rebekah said...

that is completely awesome! way to go!!!!