Monday, August 10, 2009

Mountain West


This weekend I took some of my students to a conference with all the student leaders from the different schools in the Mountain West. It was at the University of Utah this year. (I was hoping for San Diego State!) Anyway, it was really interesting to meet the students and advisors from these other schools. One of the purposes of this conference is to promote good sportsmanship between the schools. I really hope these student leaders will take that attitude back to their campuses and influence the students to have good sportsmanlike conduct. I think that athletics is a huge part of college life and that good sportsmanship is so important among rivals.

It was really fun to be able to put those rivalries aside for a weekend and unite together in a common purpose to work to acheive something like this that hopefully will carry through and have a greater impact.

I always enjoy learning about other universities and how they are structured and everything. I especially loved meeting the cadets from the Air Force Academy and learning more about what they do there. They rock! And I got to stay at the beautiful Fort Douglas. Good times.

No comments: