Monday, December 22, 2008

No room in the inn

So Matt and I got into the Moab 1/2 marathon in March. Apparently there are so many people that want to do it that they have a lottery drawing to see who actually gets to run. Well, we got into the race and the other day I was trying to book us a hotel room. Come to find out....they are ALL BOOKED. Everyone I talked to said they have been booked for months, and that I should reserve a room like a year in advance! Who knew?

So we are staying in Green River, which is about 50 miles away from Moab. So I guess we'll be getting up earlier than planned on the day of the race. But it was better than Option #2, which was camping out on the Moab church lawn or something of equal discomfort. And if I'm going to run a 1/2 marathon, I'd rather not sleep with a rock jabbing me in the back the whole night before.

P.S. Marathon training is going quite well. We've made it through the first 4 weeks of training, and we're starting on the 5th. Go us!

No comments: