I am having a really hard time coming up with some resolutions this year. Normally, I am very pro-New Year's Resolutions and have several that I'm excited about, but this year it's just not coming.
I kind of feel like it's taking everything I have right now just to stay afloat and the thought of "being better" is really overwhelming to me. I feel like I'm always struggling to catch up and so being a step ahead doesn't seem like a reality to me right now. And I feel so pathetic that I feel that way.
So, I'm not sure what to do. I have some ideas rolling around, but when I try to write them out or think of how I'll do them, it's just not coming. I'm such an advocate of SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely) but I just can't seem to articulate what I'm thinking or come up with a plan on how to achieve them. And I don't just want to say...I'm going to be better at this or that, because I don't think that works.
And so the dilemma continues. But, I do think that something is better than nothing, so even though these aren't very well thought-out yet, I'm still going to post them, as disjointed and unspecific as they might be. And I will come back to them later and try to make them SMART goals before the end of the year.
1. Be able to do at least one pull-up. Matt got a pull-up bar for Christmas and I can't even do one!
2. Be better about having family prayer and scripture study and FHE. My sis-in-law gave us some cute FHE stuff for Christmas, so that will help!
3. Be better about the kids' bedtime routine and not just rush through it and get frustrated because I'm so anxious for them to be in bed. They deserve a good bedtime routine from a mom who is mentally there.
4. Be better about my own scripture study. I printed out this reading chart to help me to remember to read every day.
5. Eat out less. I have a really hard time cooking...especially on the weekends. I just don't like cooking very much. Right now we usually eat out on both Friday and Saturday nights and sometimes a couple times a month on weekdays too. I'm contemplating instigating "Crockpot Fridays" so that I can prepare the meal in the morning before I get too lazy to cook dinner on Friday nights. And then we can still eat out on Saturdays. I think once a week is acceptable.
6. Be a better mom. I get frustrated with my kids so easily and they deserve better than that. And I get bored of doing kid things all the time. It's really hard when they both are so needy all the time. But I need to have a better attitude and be a more fun mom. I don't know how to do that, but I need to figure it out.